Terms & Conditions
Please familiarize yourself with the MailJive SaaS agreement
MASTER SOFTWARE AS A SERVICE AGREEMENT
This agreement ("Agreement") is entered into, by and between the registered user ("Subscriber") and MailJive LLC, an Ohio company ("Service Provider"), to be effective upon the date of Subscriber's user account registration ("Effective Date").
WHEREAS, Subscriber requires third-party hosted "software as a service" (the "Services," as further described herein) with respect to certain of its information technology needs;
WHEREAS, Subscriber requested a proposal from Service Provider for such Services;
WHEREAS, Service Provider has experience and expertise in the business of providing the Services;
WHEREAS, Service Provider submitted a proposal to Subscriber to perform such Services on behalf of Subscriber;
WHEREAS, based on Service Provider's superior knowledge and experience relating to such Services, Subscriber has selected Service Provider to provide and manage the Services;
WHEREAS, Service Provider wishes to perform the Services and acknowledges that the successful performance of the Services and the security and availability of Subscriber's data ("Subscriber Data," as further described herein) are critical to the operation of Subscriber's business; and,
WHEREAS, Service Provider has agreed to provide the Services to Subscriber, all on the terms and conditions set forth herein.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual covenants and representations set forth in this Agreement, the parties hereby agree as follows:
This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions under which Service Provider agrees to license to Subscriber certain hosted software and provide all other services necessary for productive use of such software including customization / integration, user identification and password change management, data import / export, monitoring, technical support, maintenance, training, backup and recovery, and change management (the "Services") as further set forth on an Exhibit A (sequentially numbered) in the form of the Exhibit A attached hereto or in other statements of services containing substantially similar information and identified as an Exhibit A. The Agreement shall remain in effect unless terminated as provided for herein.
- Authorized Users; Authorized Uses. Unless otherwise limited on an Exhibit A, Service Provider grants Subscriber a renewable, irrevocable (unless as provided for herein), nonexclusive, royalty-free, and worldwide right for any Subscriber employee, contractor, or agent, or any other individual or entity authorized by Subscriber, (each, an "Authorized User") to access and use the Services. Other than those limitations expressly described in an Exhibit A, Authorized Users will have no other limitations on their access or use of the Services.
- Acknowledgement of License Grant. For the purposes of 11 U.S.C. § 365(n), the parties acknowledge and agree that this Agreement constitutes a license grant of intellectual property in software form to Subscriber by Service Provider.
- Changes in Number of Authorized Users. The Services are provided on a tiered basis, such tiers as further described in an Exhibit A. Subscriber agrees to license the initial number of Authorized Users described in such Exhibit A (the "Minimum Commitment"). Subscriber is entitled to increase or decrease the number of Authorized Users on an as-requested basis; provided, however, that Subscriber shall maintain the Minimum Commitment unless the parties otherwise agree to adjust the Minimum Commitment. Should Subscriber elect to change the number of Authorized Users, Service Provider shall reduce or increase Authorized Users to the corresponding tier described in the Exhibit A and adjust the prospective Services Fees accordingly no later than five (5) business days from Subscriber's written request.
Control and Location of Services.
The method and means of providing the Services shall be under the exclusive control, management, and supervision of Service Provider, giving due consideration to the requests of Subscriber. Except as otherwise specified in an Exhibit A, the Services (including data storage), shall be provided solely from within the continental United States and on computing and data storage devices residing therein.
- Subcontractors. Service Provider shall not enter into any subcontracts for the performance of the Services, or assign or transfer any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement, without Subscriber's prior written consent and any attempt to do so shall be void and without further effect and shall be a material breach of this Agreement. Service Provider's use of subcontractors shall not relieve Service Provider of any of its duties or obligations under this Agreement.
- Offensive or Disparaging Content. Where the Services or any web services affiliated with the Services contain offensive content or portray Subscriber in a disparaging way, either as solely determined by Subscriber, Service Provider shall immediately remove the offensive or disparaging content and Subscriber shall have the right, at Subscriber's sole election, to: (a) immediately terminate this Agreement or any Exhibit A corresponding to the offending or disparaging content and be entitled to a return of any prepaid fees, as liquidated damages and not as a penalty; or, (b) obtain or retain, as the case may be, all fees paid or payable for the entire period of the then-current term, as liquidated damages and not as a penalty, associated with any Exhibit A corresponding to the offending or disparaging content.
- Storage. The Services shall include the applicable allocation of base data storage described in an Exhibit A. Service Provider shall immediately notify Subscriber when Subscriber has reached eighty percent (80%) of Subscriber's then-current data storage maximum. Within five (5) calendar days of Subscriber's request, Service Provider shall make additional data storage available to Subscriber at the rates described in the Exhibit A.
- Development and Test Environments. In addition to production use of the Services, Subscriber is entitled to one development and one test environment for use by Authorized Users at no additional charge. Such non-production environments shall have the same data storage and processing capacities as the production environment. Service Provider shall cooperate with Subscriber's requests in managing the non-production environments such as refreshing Subscriber Data upon request.
- Documentation. The documentation for the Services (the "Documentation") will accurately and completely describe the functions and features of the Services, including all subsequent revisions thereto. The Documentation shall be understandable by a typical end user and shall provide Authorized Users with sufficient instruction such that an Authorized User can become self-reliant with respect to access and use of the Services. Subscriber shall have the right to make any number of additional copies of the Documentation at no additional charge.
- Changes in Functionality. During the term of an Exhibit A, Service Provider shall not reduce or eliminate functionality in the Services. Where Service Provider has reduced or eliminated functionality in the Services, Subscriber, at Subscriber's sole election and in Subscriber's sole determination, shall: (a) have, in addition to any other rights and remedies under this Agreement or at law, the right to immediately terminate this Agreement or the Exhibit A and be entitled to a return of any prepaid fees; or, (b) determine the value of the reduced or eliminated functionality and Service Provider will immediately adjust the Services Fees accordingly on a prospective basis. Where Service Provider has introduced like functionality in other services, Subscriber shall have an additional license and subscription right to use and access the new services, at no additional charge, with the same rights, obligations, and limitations as for the Services. Where Service Provider increases functionality in the Services, such functionality shall be provided to Subscriber without any increase in the Services Fees.
- No Effect of Click-Through Terms and Conditions. Where an Authorized User is required to "click through" or otherwise accept or made subject to any online terms and conditions in accessing or using the Services, such terms and conditions are not binding and shall have no force or effect as to the Services, this Agreement, or the applicable Exhibit A.
- Service Levels; Time is of the Essence. For the term of an Exhibit A, Service Provider shall provide the Services, force majeure events excepted, during the applicable Service Windows and in accordance with the applicable Service Level Standards, each as described in the Exhibit A, time being of the essence.
Support; Maintenance; Additional Services.
- Technical Support. Service Provider shall provide the Technical Support described in an Exhibit A. The Services Fees shall be inclusive of the fees for the Technical Support.
Service Provider shall provide bug fixes, corrections, modifications, enhancements, upgrades, and new releases to the Services to ensure: (a) the functionality of the Services, as described in the Documentation, is available to Authorized Users; (b) the functionality of the Services in accordance with the representations and warranties set forth herein, including but not limited to, the Services conforming in all material respects to the specifications, functions, descriptions, standards, and criteria set forth in the applicable Exhibit A and the Documentation; (c) the Service Level Standards can be achieved; and, (d) the Services work with the then-current version and the three prior versions of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome Internet browsers. The Services Fees shall be inclusive of the fees for maintenance.
- Required Notice of Maintenance. Unless as otherwise agreed to by Subscriber on a case-by-case basis, Service Provider shall provide no less than thirty (30) calendar day's prior written notice to Subscriber of all non-emergency maintenance to be performed on the Services, such written notice including a detailed description of all maintenance to be performed. For emergency maintenance, Service Provider shall provide as much prior notice as commercially practicable to Subscriber and shall provide a detailed description of all maintenance performed no greater than one (1) calendar day following the implementation of the emergency maintenance.
- Acceptance of Non-Emergency Maintenance. Unless as otherwise agreed to by Subscriber on a case-by-case basis, for non-emergency maintenance, Subscriber shall have a ten (10) business day period to test any maintenance changes prior to Service Provider introducing such maintenance changes into production (the "Maintenance Acceptance Period"). In the event that Subscriber rejects, for good cause, any maintenance changes during the Maintenance Acceptance Period, Service Provider shall not introduce such rejected maintenance changes into production. At the end of the Maintenance Acceptance Period, if Subscriber has not rejected the maintenance changes, the maintenance changes shall be deemed to be accepted by Subscriber and Service Provider shall be entitled to introduce the maintenance changes into production.
- Customization / Integration Services. Service Provider shall provide the Customization / Integration Services, if any, described in an Exhibit A. The Services Fees shall be inclusive of the fees for the Customization / Integration Services.
- Training Services. Service Provider shall provide the Training Services, if any, described in an Exhibit A. The Services Fees shall be inclusive of the fees for the Training Services.
Audit Rights of Service Provider.
Service Provider shall have no right to conduct an on-premises audit of Subscriber's compliance with the use of the Services.
- Document Quota. At any time, Service Provider shall have the right to verify Subscriber's compliance with the permitted number of stored documents for an Exhibit A. Where the actual number of documents exceeds the permitted number of documents, Subscriber shall be responsible for payment of overage charges, as described in Exhibit A.
- Storage Quota. At any time, Service Provider shall have the right to verify Subscriber's compliance with the permitted document storage amount for an Exhibit A. Where the actual storage requirement exceeds the permitted storage amount, Subscriber shall be responsible for payment of overage charges, as described in Exhibit A.
- Change Control Procedure. Subscriber may, upon written notice, request changes to the scope of the Services under an Exhibit A. If Subscriber requests an increase in the scope, Subscriber shall notify Service Provider, and, not more than ten (10) business days (or other mutually agreed upon period) after receiving the request, Service Provider shall notify Subscriber whether or not the change has an associated cost impact. If Subscriber approves, Subscriber shall issue a change control, which will be executed by the Service Provider. Subscriber shall have the right to decrease the scope and the associated fees for an Exhibit A will be reduced accordingly.
Term and Termination; Renewals.
- Term. This Agreement is legally binding as of the Effective Date and shall continue until terminated as provided for herein. Unless this Agreement or an Exhibit A is terminated earlier in accordance with the terms set forth herein, the term of an Exhibit A (the "Initial Term") shall commence on the Start Date and continue until cancelled by either Subscriber or Service Provider. Following the Initial Term and unless otherwise terminated as provided for in this Agreement, an Exhibit A shall automatically renew for successive one (1) month terms (each, a "Renewal Term") until such time as Subscriber or Service Provider initiates cancellation; provided, however, that: (a) such notice be given no fewer than thirty (30) calendar days prior to the last day of the then-current term; and, (b) any such termination shall be effective as of the date that would have been the first day of the next Renewal Term.
- Termination for Convenience. Without limiting the right of a party to terminate this Agreement or an Exhibit A as provided for in this Agreement, a party may terminate this Agreement for convenience upon prior written notice to the other party provided that there is no Exhibit A then in effect.
- Termination for Cause. Without limiting the right of a party to immediately terminate this Agreement or an Exhibit A for cause as provided for in this Agreement, if either party materially breaches any of its duties or obligations hereunder and such breach is not cured, or the breaching party is not diligently pursuing a cure to the non breaching party's sole satisfaction, within thirty (30) calendar days after written notice of the breach, the non breaching party may terminate this Agreement or an Exhibit A for cause as of a date specified in such notice.
- Payments upon Termination. Upon the termination of this Agreement or an Exhibit A, Subscriber shall pay to Service Provider all undisputed amounts due and payable hereunder, if any, and Service Provider shall pay to Subscriber all amounts due and payable hereunder, such as Performance Credits and prepaid fees, if any.
- Renewals. Should the Services continue beyond the then-current Term, the Services Fees for the Renewal Term may be: (a) increased no more than three percent (3%) on an annualized per-user basis where Subscriber has not increased the number of Authorized Users by ten percent (10%) during the then-current Term; or, (b) decreased by no less than three percent (3%) on an annualized per-user basis where Subscriber has increased the number of Authorized Users by ten percent (10%) or greater during the then-current term.
Subscriber shall be responsible for and shall pay to Service Provider the fees as further described in an Exhibit A, subject to the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement and such Exhibit A. Any sum due Service Provider for the Services for which payment is not otherwise specified shall be due and payable upon the renewal date as described in an Exhibit A.
- Billing Procedures. Unless otherwise provided for under an Exhibit A, Service Provider shall bill to Subscriber the sums due pursuant to an Exhibit A by Service Provider's invoice, which shall contain: (a) Subscriber's purchase order number, if any, and Service Provider's invoice number; (b) description of Services for which an amount is due; (c) the fees or portion thereof that are due; (d); taxes, if any; (e); any Performance Credits or other credits; and, (f) total amount due. Service Provider shall forward invoices in hardcopy format to [Subscriber Accounts Payable Address].
- Taxes. Service Provider represents and warrants that it is an independent contractor for purposes of federal, state, and local taxes. Service Provider agrees that Subscriber is not responsible to collect or withhold any such taxes, including income tax withholding and social security contributions, for Service Provider. Any and all taxes, interest, or penalties, including any federal, state, or local withholding or employment taxes, imposed, assessed, or levied as a result of this Agreement shall be paid or withheld by Service Provider.
- Credits. Any amounts due to Subscriber, such as a Performance Credit, from Service Provider may be applied by Subscriber, at the sole election of Subscriber, against any current or future fees due to Service Provider. Any such amounts that are not so applied by Subscriber shall be paid to Subscriber by Service Provider within thirty (30) calendar days following Subscriber's request. This Section shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
- Non-binding Terms. Any terms and conditions included in a Subscriber purchase order or a Service Provider invoice, as the case may be, shall be deemed to be solely for the convenience of the respective party, and no such term or condition shall be binding upon the parties.
- Auditable Records. Service Provider shall maintain accurate records of all fees billable to, and payments made by, Subscriber in a format that will permit audit by Subscriber for a period of no less than three (3) years from when a fee was incurred or a payment was made. The foregoing obligation of Service Provider shall survive the termination of this Agreement. For the term of this Agreement, upon Subscriber's written request, Service Provider shall provide Subscriber with a copy of its annual American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Service Organization Control (SOC) 1 type 2 report and SOC 2 type 2 report (for all Trust Services Principles).
- No Suspension of Services. Service Provider shall not suspend any part of the Services where: (a) Subscriber is reasonably disputing any amount due to Service Provider; or, (b) any unpaid amount due to Service Provider is less than sixty (60) business days in arrears.
Representations and Warranties.
Each of Subscriber and Service Provider represent and warrant that:
- it is a business duly incorporated, validly existing, and in good standing under the laws of its state of incorporation;
- it has all requisite corporate power, financial capacity, and authority to execute, deliver, and perform its obligations under this Agreement;
- the execution, delivery, and performance of this Agreement has been duly authorized by it and this Agreement constitutes the legal, valid, and binding agreement of it and is enforceable against it in accordance with its terms, except as the enforceability thereof may be limited by bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganizations, moratoriums, and similar laws affecting creditors' rights generally and by general equitable principles;
- it shall comply with all applicable federal, state, local, or other laws and regulations applicable to the performance by it of its obligations under this Agreement and shall obtain all applicable permits and licenses required of it in connection with its obligations under this Agreement; and,
- there is no outstanding litigation, arbitrated matter or other dispute to which it is a party which, if decided unfavorably to it, would reasonably be expected to have a potential or actual material adverse effect on its ability to fulfill its obligations under this Agreement.
By Service Provider.
Service Provider represents and warrants that:
- it is in the business of providing the Services;
- the Services are fit for the ordinary purposes for which they will be used;
- it is possessed of superior knowledge with respect to the Services;
- it acknowledges that Subscriber is relying on its representation of its experience and expert knowledge, and that any substantial misrepresentation may result in damage to Subscriber;
- it knows the particular purpose for which the Services are required by Subscriber;
- it is the lawful licensee or owner of the Services (excluding any Subscriber Data therein) and has all the necessary rights in the Services to grant the use of the Services to Subscriber;
- the Services and any other work performed by Service Provider hereunder shall not infringe upon any United States or foreign copyright, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right, or misappropriate any trade secret, of any third-party, and that it has neither assigned nor otherwise entered into an agreement by which it purports to assign or transfer any right, title, or interest to any technology or intellectual property right that would conflict with its obligations under this Agreement;
- it shall disclose any third-party (which shall, for purposes of this Agreement, be deemed a subcontractor) whose intellectual property is incorporated into the Services or who is necessary for the performance of the Services and it shall maintain in-force written agreements with such third-party, if any, for the term of the applicable Exhibit A;
- it has the expertise to perform the Services in a competent, workmanlike, and professional manner and in accordance with the highest professional standards;
- it will use its best efforts to ensure that no computer viruses, malware, or similar items (collectively, a "Virus") are introduced into Subscriber's computing and network environment by the Services, and that, where it transfers a Virus to Subscriber through the Services, it shall reimburse Subscriber the actual cost incurred by Subscriber to remove or recover from the Virus, including the costs of persons employed by Subscriber;
- the Services are free of any mechanism which may disable the Services and Service Provider warrants that no loss of Subscriber Data will result from such items if present in the Services;
- in the case of Subscriber's reasonable dispute of any Service Provider invoice, it shall not withhold the performance of Services, including, without limitation, access and use of the Services, Technical Support, Maintenance, and extract of Subscriber Data; and,
- the Services will conform in all material respects to the specifications, functions, descriptions, standards, and criteria set forth in the applicable Exhibit A and the Documentation.
- Mutual. Each of Subscriber and Service Provider represent and warrant that:
- Ownership. Subscriber's data ("Subscriber Data," which shall also be known and treated by Service Provider as Confidential Information) shall include: (a) Subscriber's data collected, used, processed, stored, or generated as the result of the use of the Services; and, (b) personally identifiable information ("PII") collected, used, processed, stored, or generated as the result of the use of the Services, including, without limitation, any information that identifies an individual, such as an individual's social security number or other government-issued identification number, date of birth, address, telephone number, biometric data, mother's maiden name, email address, credit card information, or an individual's name in combination with any other of the elements listed herein. Subscriber Data is and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of Subscriber and all right, title, and interest in the same is reserved by Subscriber. This Section shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
- Service Provider Use of Subscriber Data. Service Provider is provided a limited license to Subscriber Data for the sole and exclusive purpose of providing the Services, including a license to collect, process, store, generate, and display Subscriber Data only to the extent necessary in the providing of the Services. Service Provider shall: (a) keep and maintain Subscriber Data in strict confidence, using such degree of care as is appropriate and consistent with its obligations as further described in this Agreement and applicable law to avoid unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or loss; (b) use and disclose Subscriber Data solely and exclusively for the purpose of providing the Services, such use and disclosure being in accordance with this Agreement, the applicable Exhibit A, and applicable law; and, (c) not use, sell, rent, transfer, distribute, or otherwise disclose or make available Subscriber Data for Service Provider's own purposes or for the benefit of anyone other than Subscriber without Subscriber's prior written consent. This Section shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
- Backup and Recovery of Subscriber Data. As a part of the Services, Service Provider is responsible for maintaining a backup of Subscriber Data and for an orderly and timely recovery of such data in the event that the Services may be interrupted. Unless otherwise described in an Exhibit A, Service Provider shall maintain a contemporaneous backup of Subscriber Data that can be recovered within two (2) hours at any point in time. Additionally, Service Provider shall store a backup of Subscriber Data in an off-site "hardened" facility no less than daily, maintaining the security of Subscriber Data, the security requirements of which are further described herein. Any backups of Subscriber Data shall not be considered in calculating storage used by Subscriber.
- Loss of Data. In the event of any act, error or omission, negligence, misconduct, or breach that compromises or is suspected to compromise the security, confidentiality, or integrity of Subscriber Data or the physical, technical, administrative, or organizational safeguards put in place by Service Provider that relate to the protection of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of Subscriber Data, Service Provider shall, as applicable: (a) notify Subscriber as soon as practicable but no later than twenty-four (24) hours of becoming aware of such occurrence; (b) cooperate with Subscriber in investigating the occurrence, including making available all relevant records, logs, files, data reporting, and other materials required to comply with applicable law or as otherwise required by Subscriber; (c) in the case of PII, at Subscriber's sole election, (i) notify the affected individuals who comprise the PII as soon as practicable but no later than is required to comply with applicable law, or, in the absence of any legally required notification period, within five (5) calendar days of the occurrence; or, (ii) reimburse Subscriber for any costs in notifying the affected individuals; (d) in the case of PII, provide third-party credit and identity monitoring services to each of the affected individuals who comprise the PII for the period required to comply with applicable law, or, in the absence of any legally required monitoring services, for no less than twelve (12) months following the date of notification to such individuals; (e) perform or take any other actions required to comply with applicable law as a result of the occurrence; (f) without limiting Subscriber's obligations of indemnification as further described in this Agreement, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Subscriber for any and all Claims (as defined herein), including reasonable attorneys' fees, costs, and expenses incidental thereto, which may be suffered by, accrued against, charged to, or recoverable from Subscriber in connection with the occurrence; (g) be responsible for recreating lost Subscriber Data in the manner and on the schedule set by Subscriber without charge to Subscriber; and, (h) provide to Subscriber a detailed plan within ten (10) calendar days of the occurrence describing the measures Service Provider will undertake to prevent a future occurrence. Notification to affected individuals, as described above, shall comply with applicable law, be written in plain language, and contain, at a minimum: name and contact information of Service Provider's representative; a description of the nature of the loss; a list of the types of data involved; the known or approximate date of the loss; how such loss may affect the affected individual; what steps Service Provider has taken to protect the affected individual; what steps the affected individual can take to protect himself or herself; contact information for major credit card reporting agencies; and, information regarding the credit and identity monitoring services to be provided by Service Provider. This Section shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
Non-Disclosure of Confidential Information.
The parties acknowledge that each party may be exposed to or acquire communication or data of the other party that is confidential, privileged communication not intended to be disclosed to third parties. The provisions of this Section shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
- Meaning of Confidential Information. For the purposes of this Agreement, the term "Confidential Information" shall mean all information and documentation of a party that: (a) has been marked "confidential" or with words of similar meaning, at the time of disclosure by such party; (b) if disclosed orally or not marked "confidential" or with words of similar meaning, was subsequently summarized in writing by the disclosing party and marked "confidential" or with words of similar meaning; and, (c) should reasonably be recognized as confidential information of the disclosing party. The term "Confidential Information" does not include any information or documentation that was: (a) already in the possession of the receiving party without an obligation of confidentiality; (b) developed independently by the receiving party, as demonstrated by the receiving party, without violating the disclosing party's proprietary rights; (c) obtained from a source other than the disclosing party without an obligation of confidentiality; or, (d) publicly available when received, or thereafter became publicly available (other than through any unauthorized disclosure by, through, or on behalf of, the receiving party). For purposes of this Agreement, in all cases and for all matters, Subscriber Data shall be deemed to be Confidential Information.
- Obligation of Confidentiality. The parties agree to hold all Confidential Information in strict confidence and not to copy, reproduce, sell, transfer, or otherwise dispose of, give or disclose such Confidential Information to third parties other than employees, agents, or subcontractors of a party who have a need to know in connection with this Agreement or to use such Confidential Information for any purposes whatsoever other than the performance of this Agreement. The parties agree to advise and require their respective employees, agents, and subcontractors of their obligations to keep all Confidential Information confidential.
- Cooperation to Prevent Disclosure of Confidential Information. Each party shall use its best efforts to assist the other party in identifying and preventing any unauthorized use or disclosure of any Confidential Information. Without limiting the foregoing, each party shall advise the other party immediately in the event either party learns or has reason to believe that any person who has had access to Confidential Information has violated or intends to violate the terms of this Agreement and each party will cooperate with the other party in seeking injunctive or other equitable relief against any such person.
- Remedies for Breach of Obligation of Confidentiality. Each party acknowledges that breach of its obligation of confidentiality may give rise to irreparable injury to the other party, which damage may be inadequately compensable in the form of monetary damages. Accordingly, a party may seek and obtain injunctive relief against the breach or threatened breach of the foregoing undertakings, in addition to any other legal remedies which may be available, to include, in the case of Subscriber, at the sole election of Subscriber, the immediate termination, without liability to Subscriber, of this Agreement or any Exhibit A corresponding to the breach or threatened breach.
Data Privacy and Information Security.
- Undertaking by Service Provider. Without limiting Service Provider's obligation of confidentiality as further described herein, Service Provider shall be responsible for establishing and maintaining a data privacy and information security program, including physical, technical, administrative, and organizational safeguards, that is designed to: (a) ensure the security and confidentiality of the Subscriber Data; (b) protect against any anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of the Subscriber Data; (c) protect against unauthorized disclosure, access to, or use of the Subscriber Data; (d) ensure the proper disposal of Subscriber Data; and, (e) ensure that all employees, agents, and subcontractors of Service Provider, if any, comply with all of the foregoing. In no case shall the safeguards of Service Provider's data privacy and information security program be less stringent than the safeguards used by Subscriber.
- Subscriber's Right to Termination for Deficiencies. Subscriber reserves the right, at its sole election, to immediately terminate this Agreement or an Exhibit A without limitation and without liability if Subscriber reasonably determines that Service Provider fails or has failed to meet its obligations under this Section.
- Pre-existing Materials. Subscriber acknowledges that, in the course of performing the Services, Service Provider may use software and related processes, instructions, methods, and techniques that have been previously developed by Service Provider (collectively, the "Pre-existing Materials," which shall include the Services) and that the same shall remain the sole and exclusive property of Service Provider.
- No License. Except as expressly set forth herein, no license is granted by either party to the other with respect to the Confidential Information or Pre-existing Materials. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to grant to either party any ownership or other interest, in the Confidential Information or Pre-existing Materials, except as may be provided under a license specifically applicable to such Confidential Information or Pre-existing Materials.
- The provisions of this Section shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
Indemnification; Limitation of Liability; Insurance.
- General Indemnification. Service Provider agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Subscriber and its officers, directors, agents, and employees (each, an "Indemnitee") from and against any and all liabilities, damages, losses, expenses, claims, demands, suits, fines, or judgments (each, a "Claim," and collectively, the "Claims"), including reasonable attorneys' fees, costs, and expenses incidental thereto, which may be suffered by, incurred by, accrued against, charged to, or recoverable from any Indemnitee, by reason of any Claim arising out of or relating to any act, error or omission, negligence, or misconduct of Service Provider, its officers, directors, agents, employees, and subcontractors, during the performance of this Agreement, including, without limitation, Claims arising out of or relating to: (a) bodily injury (including death) or damage to tangible personal or real property; (b) any payment required to be paid to subcontractors, if any, of Service Provider; (c) any material misrepresentation or breach of warranty of any representation or warranty set forth in this Agreement; or, (d) any material breach of any covenant set forth in this Agreement; provided, however, that the foregoing indemnity shall not apply to the extent that the applicable Claim resulted from the acts or omissions of an Indemnitee.
- Proprietary Rights Indemnification. Service Provider agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Indemnitees from and against any and all Claims, including reasonable attorneys' fees, costs, and expenses incidental thereto, which may be suffered by, incurred by, accrued against, charged to, or recoverable from any Indemnitee, by reason of any Claim arising out of or relating to the Services infringing or misappropriating any United States or foreign patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, or other proprietary right. In the event that Service Provider is enjoined from providing the Services and such injunction is not dissolved within thirty (30) calendar days, or in the event that Subscriber is adjudged, in any final order of a court of competent jurisdiction from which no appeal is taken, to have infringed upon or misappropriated any patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, or other proprietary right in the access or use of the Services, then Service Provider shall, at its expense: (a) obtain for Subscriber the right to continue using such Services; (b) replace or modify such Services so that they do not infringe upon or misappropriate such proprietary right and is free to be used by Subscriber; or, (c) in the event that Service Provider is unable or determines, in its reasonable judgment, that it is commercially unreasonable to do either of the aforementioned, Service Provider shall reimburse to Subscriber any prepaid fees and the full cost associated with any Transition Services.
- Indemnification Procedures. Promptly after receipt by Subscriber of a threat, notice, or filing of any Claim against an Indemnitee, Subscriber shall give notice thereof to Service Provider, provided that failure to give or delay in giving such notice shall not relieve Service Provider of any liability it may have to the Indemnitee except to the extent that Service Provider demonstrates that the defense of the Claim is prejudiced thereby. Service Provider shall have sole control of the defense and of all negotiations for settlement of a Claim and Subscriber shall not independently defend or respond to a Claim; provided, however, that: (a) Subscriber may defend or respond to a Claim, at Service Provider's expense, if Subscriber's counsel determines, in its sole discretion, that such defense or response is necessary to preclude a default judgment from being entered against an Indemnitee; and, (b) Subscriber shall have the right, at its own expense, to monitor Service Provider's defense of a Claim. At Service Provider's request, Subscriber shall reasonably cooperate with Service Provider in defending against or settling a Claim; provided, however, that Service Provider shall reimburse Subscriber for all reasonable out-of-pocket costs incurred by Subscriber (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses) in providing such cooperation.
- Third-Party Beneficiaries. For the purposes of this Section and Service Provider's obligations hereunder, non-party Indemnitees are third-party beneficiaries of this Agreement in accordance with its terms. Any action or consent taken by Subscriber on its own behalf is binding upon the non-party Indemnitees for the purposes of this Section. Other than as provided for in this Section, this Agreement is for the sole benefit of the parties herein and their permitted successors and assigns. Nothing, express or implied, in this Agreement is intended to create or be construed to create any rights of enforcement in any persons or entities who are neither signatories to this Agreement nor non-party Indemnitees.
- Limitation of Liability. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION SET FORTH HEREIN, NEITHER PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, AND / OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT; PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THAT THE FOREGOING EXCULPATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT OF A PARTY. A PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO ITS PERFORMANCE OR FAILURE TO PERFORM UNDER THIS AGREEMENT; PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THAT THE LIABILITY OF A PARTY, WHETHER BASED ON AN ACTION OR CLAIM IN CONTRACT, EQUITY, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, OR OTHERWISE FOR ALL EVENTS, ACTS, OR OMISSIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED THE FEES PAID OR PAYABLE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, AND PROVIDED, FURTHER, THAT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION SHALL NOT APPLY TO: (A) A PARTY'S OBLIGATIONS OF INDEMNIFICATION, AS FURTHER DESCRIBED IN THIS AGREEMENT; (B) DAMAGES CAUSED BY A PARTY'S GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT; OR, (C) A PARTY'S BREACH OF ITS OBLIGATIONS OF CONFIDENTIALITY, AS FURTHER DESCRIBED IN THIS AGREEMENT. This Section shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
- Insurance. Service Provider shall, at its own expense, procure and maintain in full force and effect during the term of this Agreement, policies of insurance, of the types and in the minimum amounts as follows, with responsible insurance carriers duly qualified in those states (locations) where the Services are to be performed, covering the operations of Service Provider, pursuant to this Agreement: commercial general liability; excess liability; workers' compensation (statutory limits) and employers' liability; and, professional liability.
- Relationship between Subscriber and Service Provider. Service Provider represents and warrants that it is an independent contractor with no authority to contract for Subscriber or in any way to bind or to commit Subscriber to any agreement of any kind or to assume any liabilities of any nature in the name of or on behalf of Subscriber. Under no circumstances shall Service Provider, or any of its staff, if any, hold itself out as or be considered an agent employee, joint venture, or partner of Subscriber. In recognition of Service Provider's status as an independent contractor, Subscriber shall carry no Workers' Compensation insurance or any health or accident insurance to cover Service Provider or Service Provider's agents or staff, if any. Subscriber shall not pay any contributions to Social Security, unemployment insurance, federal or state withholding taxes, any other applicable taxes whether federal, state, or local, nor provide any other contributions or benefits which might be expected in an employer-employee relationship. Neither Service Provider nor its staff, if any, shall be eligible for, participate in, or accrue any direct or indirect benefit under any other compensation, benefit, or pension plan of Subscriber.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Texas and the federal laws of the United States of America. Service Provider hereby consents and submits to the jurisdiction and forum of the state and federal courts in the Texas in all questions and controversies arising out of this Agreement.
- Attorneys' Fees and Costs. In any arbitration, litigation, or other proceeding, informal or formal, by which one party either seeks to enforce this Agreement or seeks a declaration of any rights or obligations under this Agreement, the non-prevailing party shall pay the prevailing party's costs and expenses, including but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees.
- Compliance with Laws; Subscriber Policies and Procedures. Both parties agree to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, executive orders and regulations issued, where applicable. Service Provider shall comply with Subscriber policies and procedures where the same are posted, conveyed, or otherwise made available to Service Provider.
- Cooperation. Where agreement, approval, acceptance, consent or similar action by either party hereto is required by any provision of this Agreement, such action shall not be unreasonably delayed or withheld. Each party will cooperate with the other by, among other things, making available, as reasonably requested by the other, management decisions, information, approvals, and acceptances in order that each party may properly accomplish its obligations and responsibilities hereunder. Service Provider will cooperate with any Subscriber supplier performing services, and all parties supplying hardware, software, communication services, and other services and products to Subscriber, including, without limitation, the Successor Service Provider. Service Provider agrees to cooperate with such suppliers, and shall not commit or permit any act which may interfere with the performance of services by any such supplier.
- Force Majeure; Excused Performance. Neither party shall be liable for delays or any failure to perform the Services or this Agreement due to causes beyond its reasonable control. Such delays include, but are not limited to, fire, explosion, flood or other natural catastrophe, governmental legislation, acts, orders, or regulation, strikes or labor difficulties, to the extent not occasioned by the fault or negligence of the delayed party. Any such excuse for delay shall last only as long as the event remains beyond the reasonable control of the delayed party. However, the delayed party shall use its best efforts to minimize the delays caused by any such event beyond its reasonable control. Where Service Provider fails to use its best efforts to minimize such delays, the delays shall be included in the determination of Service Level achievement. The delayed party must notify the other party promptly upon the occurrence of any such event, or performance by the delayed party will not be considered excused pursuant to this Section, and inform the other party of its plans to resume performance. A force majeure event does not excuse Service Provider from providing Services and fulfilling its responsibilities relating to the requirements of backup and recovery of Subscriber Data. In no event shall any of the following constitute a force majeure event: (a) failure, inadequate performance, or unavailability of Service Provider's subcontractors, if any; or, (b) configuration changes, other changes, Viruses, or other errors or omissions introduced, or permitted to be introduced, by Service Provider that result in an outage or inability for Subscriber to access or use the Services. Within thirty (30) calendar days following the Effective Date and on an annual basis thereafter until the termination of this Agreement, Service Provider shall provide its then-current business continuity plan ("Business Continuity Plan") to Subscriber upon Subscriber's request. The Business Continuity Plan shall include: (a) Services and Subscriber Data backup and recovery procedures; (b) fail-over procedures; and, (c) how Service Provider will interact with its business continuity suppliers, if any. Service Provider shall test its Business Continuity Plan on an annual basis until the termination of this Agreement and shall provide the test results to Subscriber upon Subscriber's request.
- Advertising and Publicity. Service Provider shall not refer to Subscriber directly or indirectly in any advertisement, news release, or publication without prior written approval from Subscriber.
- No Waiver. The failure of either party at any time to require performance by the other party of any provision of this Agreement shall in no way affect that party's right to enforce such provisions, nor shall the waiver by either party of any breach of any provision of this Agreement be taken or held to be a waiver of any further breach of the same provision.
- Notices. Any notice given pursuant to this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be given by personal service or by United States certified mail, return receipt requested, postage prepaid to the addresses appearing at the end of this Agreement, or as changed through written notice to the other party. Notice given by personal service shall be deemed effective on the date it is delivered to the addressee, and notice mailed shall be deemed effective on the third day following its placement in the mail addressed to the addressee.
- Assignment of Agreement. This Agreement and the obligations of Service Provider hereunder are personal to Service Provider and its staff. Neither Service Provider nor any successor, receiver, or assignee of Service Provider shall directly or indirectly assign this Agreement or the rights or duties created by this Agreement, whether such assignment is effected in connection with a sale of Service Provider's assets or stock or through merger, an insolvency proceeding or otherwise, without the prior written consent of Subscriber. In the case of an assignment by Service Provider, Service Provider represents and warrants that it has all requisite rights and power to transfer any agreements or other rights with third-parties whose software is incorporated into the Services or who are necessary for the performance and use of the Services. Subscriber, at Subscriber's sole election, may assign any and all of its rights and obligations under this Agreement to any company that succeeds to substantially all of Subscriber's business.
- Counterparts; Facsimile. This Agreement may be executed in one or more counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original, but all of which together shall constitute one and the same Agreement. The parties agree that a facsimile signature may substitute for and have the same legal effect as the original signature.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement and its attached exhibits constitute the entire agreement between the parties and supersede any and all previous representations, understandings, or agreements between Subscriber and Service Provider as to the subject matter hereof. This Agreement may only be amended by an instrument in writing signed by the parties. This Agreement shall be construed without regard to the party that drafted it. Any ambiguity shall not be interpreted against either party and shall, instead, be resolved in accordance with other applicable rules concerning the interpretation of contracts.
- Cumulative Remedies. All rights and remedies of Subscriber herein shall be in addition to all other rights and remedies available at law or in equity, including, without limitation, specific performance against Service Provider for the enforcement of this Agreement, and temporary and permanent injunctive relief.
Service Provider's Software as a Service Statement of Services
This Exhibit A - Service Provider's Software as a Service Statement of Services shall be incorporated in and governed by the terms of that certain Master Software as a Service Agreement by and between Subscriber and Service Provider, as amended (the "Agreement"). Unless expressly provided for in this Exhibit A, in the event of a conflict between the provisions contained in the Agreement and those contained in this Exhibit A, the provisions contained in this Exhibit A shall prevail.
- Services Description. Service Provider shall provide a platform to retrieve documents on behalf of Subscriber, securely store retrieved Subscriber documents, and make Subscriber douments available for search and display to Subscriber. Furthermore, Subscriber shall, as part of this Agreement, choose a subscription level ("Plan") offered by Service Provider, to establish the terms of this Agreement.
- Start Date and End Date. Services shall commence upon successful receipt of payment for the initial one (1) month term, which shall repeat monthly, and shall cease when: Subsriber cancels subscription; or, Service Provider cancels this Agreement due to non-payment.
Authorized Users and Services Fees.
- Authorized Users. The number of authorized users available to the Subscriber is determined by the Plan selected by the Subscriber.
- Authorized User Fees. The fees for users payable by Subscriber to Service Provider are determined by the Plan selected by the Subscriber.
- Teams. The number of teams, groups, or departments within the organization, available to the Subscriber, is determined by the Plan selected by the Subscriber.
- Team Fees. The fees for teams payable by Subscriber to Service Provider are determined by the Plan selected by the Subscriber.
- Active Integrated Data Feed Fees. An Integrated Data Feed is a service, such as an email account, which MailJive accesses to retrieve data for preservation and search on behalf of an organization. An Active Integrated Data Feed is one that is actively accessed by MailJive.
- Archived Integrated Data Feed Fees. An Archived Integrated Data Feed is one that is no longer accessed by MailJive, while the previously-retrieved data is still accessible for search.
- Services Fees. The fees for services payable by Subscriber to Service Provider are determined by the Plan selected by the Subscriber.
- Setup Fees. The one-time setup fees for services payable by Subscriber to Service Provider are determined by the Plan selected by the Subscriber.
- Billing Frequency. The fees for services payable by Subscriber to Service Provider are due monthly, upon each successive Start Date.
- Document Quantity. Service Provider shall retrieve up to a certain quantity of documents on behalf of Subscriber, in accordance with the quantity indicated by the Plan selected by the Subscriber, at no additional charge.
- Document Storage. Service Provider shall retrieve up to a certain storage size of documents on behalf of Subscriber, in accordance with the storage size indicated by the Plan selected by the Subscriber, at no additional charge.
- Document Quantity. Subscriber shall be responsible for paying to Service Provider any and all fees incurred for exceeding the document storage quantity indicated by the Plan selected by the Subscriber.
- Document Storage. Subscriber shall be responsible for paying to Service Provider any and all fees incurred for exceeding the document storage size indicated by the Plan selected by the Subscriber.
Service Provider shall configure the required services for Service Description, including, but not limited to, website hosting, database storage, caching, and
- Hosting Fees. The indicated party shall be responsible for all hosting service fees for Subscriber's Plan
- Cognitive Services. The indicated party shall be responsible for all cognitive service ("A.I") fees for Subscriber's Plan